Monday 13 April 2009

DOT vs. SEPHORA - Who wins?!

I was checking out some of your presentations, and Starblogs, and I found mixed reviews about DOT and Sephora. Obviously, the main difference between the two is the style. But which do you prefer? We have a review on both brands, and which is better!

DOT
Well, what do I say?! The look of the mascara, eyeshadow, and even eye liner look alot more attractive than the Sephora range. The bold pink really makes a statment, and the shades, and containers look very 70s! Which is really quite something! The variety of lip colours is pretty amazing to, from Hollywood Red to Sea Blue, there is definatly a colour for all outfits! There is a beautiful red blusher, which really does it for me, very classy! But, the prices are pretty high. Sephora lipstick priced at $4, and now $8! That's double! We have some views of what you guys think!

"DOT has alot more nicer and funkier packaging, But I don't like the colours. It's to dark and harsh, and I think Sephora was more wearable, and the colours look alot nicer"
"I think DOT is really nice! The bright lippy looks a scream, and I totally love the colours. Alot more adventerous than Sephora"
"Sephora was way better, which more prettier colours, I want Kat Von D back too, that was really nice. Come back Sephora!"

SEPHORA
Sephora was the first makeup on Stardoll, and seriously took Stardoll by storm. Everyone wore the beautiful shades, with the prices to low! It was great, and everyone loved them. It was pretty amazing, and everyone knew that Sephora was a Stardoll break through, and made the population of Stardoll buzz with excitment! The classy colours, and pretty metalics were a big hit, and the lovely tones really were very nice, and we all knew that this brand was here to stay. Until, one morning - It had gone. Everyone was pretty shocked. But even more shocking - Sephora was replaced by Stardolls' own brand, DOT. "Why?!" I hear Stardoll members say. The prices of make up hit the roof, and everyone was moaning, but now. You guys love it. And I see why.

"It's so much more trendier, and better for teens. I love people noticing my new ice blue lipstick."
"Looks good, but prices are way to big. I wish Sephora was around for a bit longer. I wished Stardoll gave us MORE warning it was going."
"I can't believe the amazing DOT. It looks great! Wish the prices were not money burning though..."

Well, there we have it. The review of DOT and Sephora. Well, what did you think?!

2 Comments:

Maddy said...

great post hun!

Anonymous said...

Sephora!